Following with the new green tax in Barcelona airport for the commercial flights that we had anticipated, please see below further detail:
- The law is expected to come into force in July 2014. Therefore, the green tax will have to be paid from then onwards.
- Taxpayers are airlines or flight operators departing from Barcelona airport.
- Special flights such as emergency landings or humanitarian flights are exempted from this green tax. Position flights are not considered as commercial flights and hence are exempted too.
- This green tax is to be paid as from the 1st of January of the year after the operation, together with the tax due for every flight operated through the year as a whole.
- The taxpayer must fill in a form to pay for the due amounts. This payment will have to be settled by the established deadline. The model for such form is to be agreed and approved later.
- The amounts to be paid are calculated through the formulas defined in the articles 6, 7 and 8 (pages 4 and 5).
On 9 April EuropaPress informed that the Parliament of the Catalonian Government approved this regulation, for this green tax to continue with its processing.
Photo: Turbine / Xan1138
Source: Government of Catalonia